Since it was first released all the way back in 1996, the Adobe Flash Player by Adobe Systems has been a huge bonus and great tool to internet users around the world. This legendary piece of freeware software allows you to stream whatever kind of content you want, through whatever browser you want on whatever computer and operating system you want. Who wouldn’t want to experience that? If you want to install a life-changing streaming system or you already have the Adobe Flash Player but it’s an old version and you want to update it, the time is now!
- Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ in the browser that you want to install Adobe on. The Flash Player downloader page will then recognise your particular browser and operating system, and will offer you the download that is suitable to your needs and situation.
You’ll need to verify that everything is correct before the download begins, and you may be offered the Chrome browser download too, depending on which browser you are using. Make sure you check or uncheck the relevant box if this option is presented, depending on what you want. Most browsers will also offer you the McAfee Security Scan Plus software in the same way, so make sure you check or uncheck that box too.
- When you’re happy with your selection, click the yellow button that says “download now”. You need to save the file when you are prompted to do so; this will generally go into the downloads folder on your computer. You can, of course, specify that it be saved somewhere else.
- Locate the “AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_” file from wherever you saved it, and open the installer by double-clicking on it.
- Run the installer and wait for the Adobe Flash Player disk image to load. Double-click on the icon that says “install Adobe Flash Player” when it does.
- A dialogue box will pop up to ask you if you’re certain you can trust content that is downloaded from Adobe. It’s great that this warning system is in place but since Adobe is a reputable company it is perfectly safe to click the button that says “open”.
- The next step is to sign in, which is different on Macs versus other PCs. On a Mac you’ll need to sign in as admin with your user name and password. Do this, and then click on the OK button to continue. You won’t need to do it on other PCs.
- Adobe Flash Player will start installing, and a progress bar will show you how far you still have to go. When the installation is complete, click the button that says “finish”.
- Your installation is complete and you are ready to go!